Joanne had me review the content and put together an informal response to Dolly's key questions:
- Are we eligible?
- Should we consider?
- Do we/you have the capacity?
- Is it aligned with our mission?
- Advantages? Disadvantages?
This was a somewhat intimidating task, however, after a preliminary review of the materials, I had an informal discussion with Joanne and Kelly. They were incredibly engaged and Joanne seemed authentically interested and enthusiastic about my initial thoughts/take on the program.
It's wild - I continue to be surprised by people being interested in what I have to say. If anything, Mercy Connections is helping me gain confidence back in my skills and abilities to lead. Over the course of my past four years working in an entry level administrative position, I believe I've closeted my passion and abilities to promote and execute positive change and collaboration.
Jo asked me to put my initial thoughts on GALs in writing for her review, and to allow her to bring it to Dolly for consideration. This may indeed evolve into a full-fledged internship project. If so, I would be directly moving Mercy Connections into an entirely new direction and an incredible expansion endeavor. The application is due December 15th.
I know I will learn a lot in simply participating/engaging in this decision process, whether Mercy decides to run with the application or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment